Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy, yummy FHE

On Sunday I made my yummy homemade, whole wheat bread which looked and smelled pretty good. We gave loafs to our mothers and grandmothers for Mother's Day, so we didn't have any leftovers for ourselves. I told Darin I would make more on Monday, but then he came up with a great idea.

Instead of making regular wheat bread, he thought it would be fun to find a bread from a different country that we never had tasted before and make that. So, right after work, we came home and each chose a bread. We wrote down what we needed (including things I had never heard of befor--ghee and a weird spice) and went to the grocery store.

Here is a picture of Darin's Greek Olive Bread, before he cooked it-



Here is a picture of my Missi Rotis



And here are the finish products




I thought that my Missi Rotis was a fun idea--it had onion, coriander, turmeric, and ghee, but I think everyone who tried them would agree that Darin's Greek Olive Bread was the best. Probably a recipe I would even save! It was delicious, and a fun FHE!

2 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

What a fun idea. Oh the joys of being a newlywed and actually having time together.

Nate and Janie said...

Yes I agree with Olivia! Make sure to enjoy this time you guys have to yourselves, it is soon forgotten after having kids! Good idea Darin!