Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cookies make Haylee Cry



The other day I was feeling a little down. I didn't really say anything, and I tried not to show it, but I was feeling "bummed." The house hunt has been a long unsuccessful process. It seems like every time we find a house we like it is either on a busy street, too small, too expensive, or in an area we don't like. I thought we had finally found "the house" but Darin (bless his heart) noticed that it had a poor roof. Turns out it would be very expensive to fix, and with that cost added to what they were asking, put it out of our price range again. A few other things happened throughout the day, slowly raising my blood pressure/stress level.

I went out to go do some things, which took longer than I was planning, which made me more stressed--but then I came home to my favorite things!!! My first favorite thing--I came home to my wonderful husband. Second, I came home to a clean home, which Darin had done while I was away. Third, I came home to some beautiful flowers. So, at this point, I was feeling pretty emotional, but I was holding it together until he said, “I also got you these because I know you like them” and he brought them out--those pink and white Animal Cookies. I lost it! I started bawling (not usually like me) I thought that was so nice! I felt silly that something like that would make me so emotional! I am just glad that I have Darin! He didn't even make me feel dumb that I cried! He always seems to do the right things at the right times! What a guy!



8 comments:

Jadi said...

That was really thoughtful of Darin! I love those cookies too. I am sorry to hear the house hunt has been a frustrating process. If it makes you feel any better I am going through the same thing. Maryland is so expensive. Every time I think I have found a nice place we could rent I find out it is in a bad area or at least in an area with a bad elementary school. I have been so worried about it that I am breaking out and can't sleep at nights. Once we find a decent place to live I think I will be able to sleep again! :)

Karissa Kay said...

Hi Haylee,
It's Karissa Flanagan (Smallwood). I found your blog on your facebook page! My blog is private but i sent you an invitation if you ever want to look at it! Glad to see you're doing so well! Keep in touch.

clegger said...

Who is this guy?! It seems like Darin is always cleaning the house, buying you flowers, and making your days much brighter. So cute! You are a wonderful couple. You're lucky to have a guy like him in your life. I hope your days are less frustrating. Good luck finding a house.

Amanda&Paul said...

Are you pregnant? Just kidding. Your husband is cute. i hope you find a house soon.

Marleen said...

Darin is so sweet. I love your new do. Looking good and I love to hear that people are donating to Locks Of Love.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Brad & Britt said...

you married well! What a guy! Aren't husbands the best...whenever you feel down or discouraged, they always seem to do something that makes you smile or (in your case) cry! haha!
I love your hair by the way! It is definately strange to see you with short hair since all the time I have known you your hair has basically been way LONG!
Keep up the faith in your house hunt, honestly, owning our house is one of our biggest blessings in our life, yet, it can be one of the most frustrating things in our life (with buying an older home, comes all of the wonderful "small" fix-it items!)

Brad & Britt said...

p.s. THANKS for DONATING to locks of love! I have the wonderful honor and opportunity to care for the kids with cancer who often are reciepients of those wigs. and I just had to say Thanks, and for all of you who are considering it, JUST DO IT! There is nothing better than seeing a teenage girl going through cancer grin from ear to ear because she got a new wig and will now be able to "fit in".